2 cups plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
1/4 cup packed brown sugar1 tbsp. baking powder1/4 tsp. kosher salt1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced1 cup dried cranberries1 medium orange (for zest)1/2 cup plain yogurt2 eggs1 tbsp. milk
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking powder and kosher salt in a large mixing bowl. cut chilled butter into pea sized dices and add to flour mixture.
3. in a small bowl, combine dried cranberries, orange zest from 1 medium orange and 1/4 cup flour. stir until cranberries are well coated with the flour, then add to flour and butter mixture and stir to combine.
4. in a separate large mixing bowl, beat together yogurt and one egg until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
5. knead dough on a lightly floured surface until dough is well-formed, about 1 minute.
6. divide dough into two equal portions. roll each portion into two 6-inch circles at about 3/4-inch thickness. cut each circle into 6 equal pieces/wedges.
7. place wedges on 1-2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper, separated by about 1-2 inches.
8. beat 1 egg with 1 tbsp. milk in small bowl and lightly brush over the tops of the scones right before placing into the oven.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. remove from oven and cool scones on cooling rack.